11 March, 2011
After nearly five years in the position, Helen Guinness has stepped down as Chair of The Hunger Project (THP) UK. By a unanimous decision of the Board of Trustees, Glenn Halliday has been appointed Interim Chair.
The trustees wish to record their appreciation of Helen’s contribution to THP over a period of 30 years, but in particular in her role as Chair. Helen has:-
- shown unwavering commitment to the ethos and principles of THP
- powerfully represented THP in its advocacy to the public, other charities and government
- been very effective in representing THP-UK in its co-operation with other THP partner countries
- led THP-UK through the selection process to appoint Tim Holder as Country Director
- supported Tim and his team through a challenging period leading up to the success of World Hunger Day, including the gala concert, on 9th January 2011
We look forward to Helen’s continuing support as part of the THP family.
Glenn has been a trustee since March 2009, and is inspired by the opportunities that have been created by World Hunger Day – this is a very exciting time for THP UK, and all are welcome to join Glenn, the trustees and the staff in making 2011 a significant year for THP.
Do take the opportunity to post your acknowledgements, reflections and contributions from Helen’s 30 years with The Hunger Project on the comments section of our latest blog.